Digital Photography and Imaging / Week 6

Week 6 (27/9/2021 - 1/10/2021)
Nurul Adlina Rizal / 0345429 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Digital Photography and Imaging
Group A


LECTURE

Poster Design Execution

1. Research about your topic

- study and gather all related information about your topic
- write a summary about your topic
- highlight the key points of your summary
- define the title, slogan, details and call for action

2. Define your concept

- create a section for each content (title, slogan, details and call for action)
- sketch your mock up poster
- fill in with details

How the designer EVOKES viewer's feeling?
  • Humor > Sarcastic
  • Sensitive > Heartwarming
  • Artistic > Subtle
Mental Health PSA
- take gentle approach 
- target audiences are vulnerable

Fig 1.0: Mental Health PSA Poster (27/9/2021)

3. Start to develop your design projects

- visualize your idea & concept into sketches
- draft the digital poster based on your sketch
- develop the composition techniques using Digital Photography & Graphic Design
- apply color, typography, textures & effects
- finalize your design with color correction 


TUTORIAL

We watched a video on Project 2A Exercise 2 which was Recoloring Black & White. The video made by Mr Martin was very helpful and I learned how to add color to a black and white image opening more doors to how I can create my future designs. 

Fig 1.1: Tutorial Video by Mr Martin (27/9/2021)

In the video Mr Martin talked about making separate and labelling layers of each color that you want in the image. The shortcut keys for brush sizes were shown and we learned how to apply blending modes such as soft light, overlay and multiply. (The commonly used for recoloring black and white images).



PRACTICAL

During Practical, Mr Fauzi gave us feedback regarding our research and progress in Project 2B. For mine he said that he can see my direction for my poster and wants to see my creativity. He also mentioned that we can start sketching out sections / parts of our poster. 

Other than that, we were tasked to carry out what we learned in tutorial using the same image.

Fig 1.2: Black and White Photograph (27/9/2021)

Progress


Fig 1.3: My Layers (27/9/2021)

As Mr Martin mentions in the tutorial, I labelled my layers accordingly and used multiply for most of them. I also learned that I can use hue/saturation to change my colors if they appear to dull or dark. 

Final


Fig 1.4: Project 2 Exercise 2 Final (27/9/2021)

For the Final, I made the person have blond hair and have a coat that matches with their eye color. I believe I did a good job in recoloring the black and white image to make it look like a colored image. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project

Industrial Training

Minor Project / Haelan Herbs