Digital Photography and Imaging / Week 12

Week 12 (8/11/2021 - 12/11/2021)
Nurul Adlina Rizal / 0345429 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Digital Photography and Imaging
Group A


LECTURE

Double Exposure

Double Exposure & Image Blending Mode


- refers to merging multiple images
- goal is to make them surreal, emotional, or humorous
- usually feature silhouettes

1. Using Tilt-Shift Effect

- you can blur one of your photos ( to be extra creative )

Fig 1.0: Tilt-Shift effect on Photography (9/11/2021)


Filter > Blur Gallery > Tilt-Shift

2. Create fake reflection 

- add a separate window photo
- add interesting textures 

3. Experiment with simple portraits and details textured


4. Convert you results to Black & White

- lack of color will strengthen the emotions in your double-exposure images
- if you want to express your work in a vulnerable way
- give unique depth

5. Work with silhouette

- opportunity to show very creative sides of yourself

Fig 1.1: Double Exposure on Silhouettes (9/11/2021)


6. Pick two random photos

- does not mean its not meaningful
- results might create a story of their own 
- happy accidents

7. Make simple objects look fascinating

- enhance your imagination

8. Use Shadow


PHOTOSHOP: Blend Modes


Commonly used
- Multiply
- Screen
- Overlay
- Soft Light

Fig 1.2: Blend Mode Groups in Photoshop (9/11/2021)



TUTORIAL

We had a consultation hours. I showed and explained to Mr Fauzi my concept and the idea behind my sketches and mood board. 

Here was my Week 12 Progress:


Fig 1.3: Biography (9/11/2021)

I wrote about myself, my passion, dreams and what motivates me to achieve them. This helped me summarize information about myself and choose the parts I want to showcase in a creative way in my final work. 


Fig 1.4: Statement about the work (9/11/2021)

In this one, I explored more about what I wanted my work to be about. In summary, it was about being this hero version of myself that isn't much different from myself. Its a message to myself and the audience that you don't need to be someone else to be better, you already have the capabilities to do it. You are already a hero / main character in your own video game / story. Main themes would be self-acceptance and self-love. 

MOOD BOARD

Fig 1.5: Mood Board #1 (9/11/2021)

Fig 1.6: Mood Board #2 (9/11/2021)

In Mood board #1, I basically looked at the graphical elements and style I wanted to have that expresses my own style and my personality. I love doodles and I love fun typography. 

For Moodboard #2, I was looking at poses and compositions I could do for the final work because I would want to have a fun pose and interesting composition to make my idea clear and easy to understand. 

Mr Fauzi says that I have a good design direction and that I should try to work on a design thats more of like a magazine style design. 

SKETCHES

Some sketches that I did that I wasn't very proud of but help in choosing the direction I wanted to do for the final design. 

Fig 1.7: Sketches #1 (9/11/2021)

Fig 1.8: Sketches #2 (9/11/2021)



PRACTICAL

No practical today since some of us when to campus to do the photo shoot for the final project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project

Industrial Training

Minor Project / Haelan Herbs