Design Research Dissertation / Research for Article Publication

21/10/2022 - 28/10/2022 / Week 13 - Week 14
Nurul Adlina Rizal / 0345429 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Design Research Dissertation
Research for Article Publication


LECTURES

Week 13: How to Turn Your Dissertation into an Article

- Journal articles are much shorter than dissertations and compact style
- treat your thesis as a separate work
- paraphrase and express the same ideas in a different way
- select and repurpose
- highlight the key points you want readers to understand

- be concise!
- keep introduction short and straight to the point
- combine research questions or focus on one for the article

Tightening the methods section
- no extensive discussion needed about your research approach

Main findings 
- present findings relevant to the research question
- limit the number of citations. 


INSTRUCTIONS


Research for Article Publication

I completed the Abstract, Introduction and Methodology in  a day. Then, I completed Findings and Discussion as well as Conclusion on the next day. Before submitting it to Google Classroom, I proofread it and checked for any grammatical errors. Thankfully, I manage to finish the assignments with only a small amount of challenges in between. 

I had used references from other journal articles on KREATE to understand how these were structured. I managed to complete it in the right format and with the right amount of words. I had also referenced my own work to make sure that I was structuring my own research in the way that I did previously. 


FINAL

Fig 1.0: Final KREATE Article Publication (12/12/2022)


REFLECTIONS

Experience

I had a good experience doing this assignment. In a way, it let me reflect on the research I have done so far which led me to better conclude it. It also was not too difficult since it was based on my existing research, all I had to do was compress it but make sure it is concise and compact. Sadly, I did not have any classes where I could consult Dr Noorhayati on this assignment due to the public holidays but the instructions were easy to follow and I still managed to complete it on time. 

Observation

I observed that I was good at managing time for this assignment. I managed to have time to proofread and paced my workload well. I also thought that paraphrasing my work would be a difficult job but I did a good job. I did not talk too long to complete this work yet still took the appropriate time to finish. 

Findings

I found that it is good to proofread your work to see if you could rewrite a sentence better or to find grammatical errors. It is good practice in ensuring your work comes out good and polished. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project

Industrial Training

Minor Project / Haelan Herbs