Design Research Dissertation / Visual Design

17/10/2022 - 14/11/2022 / Week 8 - Week 12
Nurul Adlina Rizal / 0345429 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Design Research Dissertation
Final Dissertation with Visual Design


INSTRUCTIONS


Final Dissertation with Visual Design

I started with my mood board. Quite early on I had already a good idea of the type of design I want to do. Since my topic is centred around children under 12, I want to create a visual design that reflects that. A design that reflects childlike nature yet is serious and rigid to emphasize how important the topic is. 

Fig 1.0: Visual Design Moodboard (8/12/2022)

With that, I used shapes with primary colors as a my base element of the design. 

After a few further tweaks of the draft dissertation, it was ready to be used for the visual design e-book. 


FINAL


Fig 1.1: Final Dissertation with Visual Design in PDF (8/12/2022)


With the link, one can experience the e-book in a real book-like form where the pages are side by side and the pages flip to the next as it is intended.



FEEDBACKS

Week 11

General Feedback:
Specific Feedback: Ms Hanim gave me feedback on my dissertation and told me to make some changes to my design. She told me that I should have a good reason why the design is the way it is.


REFLECTIONS

Experience

I had a good experience with this assignment. I always love designing so it was all a good experience for me. However, it is still a new experience since I had never had to design an e-book publication before and there were certain design aspects that I had to take note of when completing the e-book visual design. In summary, it was a good experience that was both enjoyable and new. 

Observation

I observed that I work a bit slow when it comes to something new. It is not necessarily a bad thing since it means I am learning and I am making sure not to make any beginner mistakes. I had to make sure multiple times of how the type of design would fit an e-book format. Initially, I had worried that the design would only look good in theory but thankfully it looks great even in the flip book format and I was grateful. Moreover, creating a variety of work could have benefitted me in the assignment since I got stuck with my initial idea and did not branch off to other design styles for the book. 

Findings

I found that I should get better at explaining my design idea so that it seems coherent and strong idea. I do not want to seem hesitant and have clients unsure of my skills. I should be confident in them and portray them in a way it is both understandable and intelligent. I believe there is nothing wrong with practicing how you want to present you work beforehand. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project

Industrial Training

Minor Project / Haelan Herbs