Film Studies & Cinematography / Project 2

4/10/2022 - 29/11/2022 / Week 6 - Week 14
Nurul Adlina Rizal / 0345429 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Film Studies & Cinematography
Project 2


LECTURES



Perspective in Animation


One-Point Perspective
- for long corridors and hallways

Two-Point Perspective
- panning and parallax shots

Three-Point Perspective
- extreme point of view

Color Perspective
- colors in the distance have washed out lighter colors

Fish eye effect. 

Curved ground.

Scale in Layout
- closer objects appear larger and more detailed


side view is calm
front view is intense and dramatic


INSTRUCTIONS


Project 2

Week 6 (3/10/2022)

Create thumbnail sketches for my teaser and had a feedback session with Mr Martin. 


Week 7 (11/10/2022)

Revised my thumbnail sketches to make them more dynamic and interesting. 

Week 8 (30/10/2022)

I looked at more references of the style that I want as well as references for the compositions of the scenes. 

For Character Design:
1. Baron from The Cat Returns by Studio Ghibli
2. The Main friends in Turning Red
3. Fuelled by Killedthecat
4. Metamorphosis by the Wizong

For Layout Design: 
1. In a Heartbeat by Beth David and Esteban Bravo
2. Fuelled by Killedthecat

Fig 1.0: References of Character Design and Layout Design (29/11/2022)

Fig 1.1: References for Composition (29/11/2022)


FINAL


Fig 1.2: Final Pitch Bible (29/11/2022)



REFLECTIONS


In this Project, I get to understand my story deeper in not only its themes but its visuals. I used a lot of references so that I can make a story just as well thought out as the references. I wanted an original story that was properly animated and fleshed out. In my pitch bible, I had to think about the concepts of my character and environment. I wanted to make sure it stayed through to my vision and abstract art as well as my feelings since the story is a personal one. Thankfully, I managed to do just that. I hope that in the future, I can have more time to make my work more polished and have better time management.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project

Industrial Training

Minor Project / Haelan Herbs