Motion Graphics & Compositing / Project 2

11/5/2023 - 26/5/2023 / Week 6 - Week 8 
Nurul Adlina Rizal / 0345429 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Motion Graphics & Compositing
Project 2: Channel Bumper


JUMPLINKS



LECTURES


INSTRUCTIONS

Project 2: Channel Bumper

For this project, we are tasked to create a channel bumper for any channel or brand of our choice. 

Fig 1.0: Astro Prima Channel Bumper (18/5/2023)


As seen, it is basically a very short intro or clip to remind you of the channel you're watching or introduce a brand. 

Here are some brands that I am interested in: 

1. Nike

Fig 1.1: Nike Logo (17/5/2023)



2. Sanrio

Fig 1.2: Sanrio Logo (17/5/2023)

3. Nintendo

Fig 1.3: Nintendo Logo (17/5/2023)


Sanrio

I chose Sanrio because I am a big fan of their characters and stories. My favorite character is Kuromi. 

References 

These are some videos related to Sanrio that gave me inspiration. 

Fig 1.4: Hello, Friends | MLBB X Sanrio Characters Skins | 
Mobile Legends: Bang Bang (17/5/2023)


Fig 1.5: Hello Kitty Paradise Intro Theme (17/5/2023)


Website

For more reference of what Sanrio's company style is, I looked at their website as well as their About page. A line I could use for the channel bumper or even channel identity is 'small gift, big smile.'


Fig 1.6: Sanrio's Website (19/5/2023)


Fig 1.7: About Sanrio (19/5/2023)


Music

For music, which I believe is the most important part, I chose this song (refer to below). It has a cute and fun theme that suits Sanrio's style. Other than that, I cut the audio to the last 15 seconds of the song for this project. 

Fig 1.8: Cute Background Music (17/5/2023)


Storyboard

Fig 1.9: Channel Bumper Storyboard (19/5/2023)


Process

Head Bouncing

Fig 2.0: Head Bouncing Keyframe (23/5/2023)

For the head bouncing of the characters, I did a bunch of keyframes. For position, it goes up and down and I also added rotation for left and right. The characters alternate with their head rotations. 

Sanrio Logo 

Fig 2.1: Sanrio Logo Transition (23/5/2023)

For the last part, I made the Sanrio Logo appear by scaling up only the height and having the character heads bounce into the logo. This is to show that all these colorful characters belong to Sanrio. It is also just a cool way for the logo to appear.  



Draft 1

Fig 2.2: Draft 1 (19/5/2023)

FINAL

Presentation in PDF

Fig 2.3: Presentation in PDF (23/5/2023)

Final Video


Fig 2.4: Project 2 - Channel Bumper Final (23/5/2023)



FEEDBACKS

Week 7

Specific Feedback: It is pretty good. Following the music, you chose, you managed to keep the attention of your viewers with even slower motion graphics. Especially since motion graphics are usually fast to keep your attention. Overall, good execution. Don't forget to make sure the logo is not blurry on the edges. 

Week 9

Specific Feedback: Nice. It makes the audience wants to dance. 


REFLECTIONS

For this project, we get to utilize the things we learned from the exercises and Project 1 in our own ideas related to the channel/brand of our choice. Because of that, I had a good time. The ideation process took me a while because I wanted to make sure the channel bumper reflects the brand of my choice. I also had a hard time choosing what type of motion graphics style I wanted to try out. I am still satisfied with the style I chose. Moreover, I also observed that my strength lies in holding the audience's interest and creating motion graphics that suit the theme. I also like to believe I am better at illustrative work. My weakness is most probably creating transitions because I definitely spent a long time figuring out and learning different types of transitions. I found that motion graphics is really fun and I would love to explore more in this module. I am glad to be given this opportunity. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project

Industrial Training

Minor Project / Haelan Herbs